Bekki and Jamie got married!
Bekki and Jamie got in touch just before Xmas last year as they wanted a DJ for their wedding at the fabulous Brookfield Barn near Horsham. From our first meeting, it was obvious that Bekki and Jamie were looking for something different, a somewhat unconventional wedding. Their tastes in music made for a very high energy wedding party throughout the whole day.
I was very happy to help, and was engaged to provide music all day including the ceremony music, background music for the drinks reception and the wedding breakfast, and the evening party. I also acted as the mc, hosting the day‘s shenanigans.
Good morning Brian.
We both just want to thank you for everything you did friday.
You did an amazing job and we couldnt have been happier with how it all went.
Thank you so much Brian.
Jamie & Bekki
The wedding ceremony
As the weather was stunning, the ceremony took place outdoors. Bekki walked down the aisle to an extract from While Your Lips Are Still Red (Theme from “Lieksa!”) – Nightwish. During the signing of the register, I played Edge of our dreams – Reckless love, and November rain – Guns n roses. At the end of the ceremony, Bekki and Jamie walked out to Modern Love – David Bowie.
The drinks reception
As everyone chilled on the patio, and photos were taken, I played a mix of Dub Reggae, and Blues classics.
The wedding breakfast
Once everyone was seated for the meal, I introduced Bekki and Jamie in to the room to Smack my bitch up – The Prodigy! No, really, we did do this!!! You would not believe the energy levels and fun from this crowd.
Evening party music:
The evening started off with a fairly standard party once the amazing first dance was underway, but Bekki, Jamie and I had a few surprises planned for their guests. First of all, I provided my iconic VW Split Screen Campervan DJ booth which always gets a great reaction. Then halfway through the night, flyers announcing a DJ battle between Bekki and Jamie started mysteriously appearing in front of all the guests. I invited them over to the DJ booth, and as you can see in the images above, mayhem ensued as they tried to trump each other with killer tunes. Then, my Tomfoolery box made an appearance at about 10:30pm creating another wave of fun filled dancefloor action. Finally, I increased the energy levels by playing trance, rave classics, then heavy drum n bass for the the final hour.
- First dance: Dear God Avenged Sevenfold / Panzer Dimension
- Firestarter The Prodigy
- Uptown Funk Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
- CAN’T STOP THE FEELING! Justin Timberlake
- SexyBack Justin Timberlake
- Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car Billy Ocean
- Ain’t No Stoppin’ Us Now McFadden & Whitehead
- Never too much Luther Vandross
- All Night Long (All Night) Lionel Richie
- Play That Funky Music Wild Cherry
- We Are Family Sister Sledge
- Build Me Up Buttercup The Foundations
- Twist And Shout The Beatles
- (I Can’t Get No Satisfaction) The Rolling Stones
- Uptown girl Billy Joel
- Big Girls Don’t Cry The Four Seasons
- Juke Box Jive The Rubettes
- Sugar Baby Love Rubettes
Bekki and Jamie’s DJ battle tracks:
- Jamie: Sweet female attitude- flowers
- Bekki: Prince fatty – shimmy shimmy ya
- Jamie: Smart’es – Sesame’s Street
- Bekki: The who – baba o’riley
- Jamie: Dj quicksilver- bellissima
- Bekki: Limp bizkit – eat you alive
- Jamie: The Shamen- Ebeneezer good
- Bekki: Black sun empire – pull the trigger
- Jamie: Sir mix a lot-baby got back
- Bekki: Underworld – born slippy
The party continues…
- Out Of Space The Prodigy
- Superstylin Groove Armada
- You Shook Me All Night Long AC/DC
- Enter Sandman Metallica
- You Spin Me Around (Like A Record) (Murder Mix) Dead Or Alive
- Sweet Dreams (Angello & Ingrosso Vocal) Eurythmics
- Modern Love David Bowie
- Blue Jean (1999 Remastered Version) David Bowie
- Magic Dance David Bowie
- Another one bites the dust Queen
- Dancing Queen Abba
- 9 to 5 – DJ Beats Dolly Parton
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
- Boogie Wonderland Earth, Wind & Fire
- I Gotta Feeling Black Eyed Peas
- Re-Rewind (The Crowd Say Bo Selecta) The Artful Dodger feat. Craig David
- Show me love Robin S.
- Dancing In The Moonlight Toploader
- Let No Man Put Asunder (Tommy Musto Club Remix) (Suitcase at the door) First Choice
- Levels (Original Version) Avicii
- Insomnia Faithless
- Can’t Get Enough (Vocal Club Edit) Soulsearcher
- Dark & Long (Dark Train) Underworld
- For An Angel Paul Van Dyk
- On A Ragga Tip SL2
- Searchin’ For My Rizla Ratpack
- Kernkraft 400 Zombie Nation
- Operation Blade Public Domain
- Blissful Ignorance (VIP) B-Complex
- Mad in the Jungle (feat. Doctor) Friction
- Magnetic Eyes (Smooth Remix) Matrix & Futurebound
- Julia (B-Complex) The Very Best
- Secret Agent Netsky
- Motor Phace & Misanthrop
- If We Ever (feat. Diane Charlemagne) High Contrast
- The First Note Is Silent High Contrast Ft. Tiesto & Underworld
- Stand Up (feat. Camo, Krooked & Dynamite Mc) Friction
- Electric The Prototypes
- Somebody To Love (Sigma Remix) Rusko
- Everyday (feat. Top Cat) Shy Fx & T Power
- Feel The Love Rudimental Ft. John Newman
- Panzer Dimension
- I Wanna Be Like You Louis Prima
Bekki and Jamie, thank you so much for booking me. It was such a pleasure seeing you all have so much fun on your wedding day and evening. You guys ROCK!