Berkshire – a Royal County:
The Royal county of Berkshire is situated to the west of London, in the middle of the South East of England. It is bordered by Surrey, Hampshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire, and Buckinghamshire, and has lots of good transport links. The M4 motorway runs through Berks from London to Wales, Heathrow Airport is not too far away, so it’s no surprise that this is also known as the UK’s Silicon Valley. Many international high tech firms are based in Slough, Bracknell, Reading and Newbury, therefore this is a very busy county.
This county is also well known internationally for Ascot, and of course Windsor Castle. Indeed, this means that there are a lot of very special places to visit, stay, and get married in.
Venues in Berkshire:
- Coworth Park, Ascot
- Cantley House Hotel, Wokingham
- Easthampstead Park, Bracknell
- Highclere Castle, Newbury – also known as Downton Abbey!
- Lillibrooke Manor, Maidenhead
- Northcote House, Sunningdale Park
- Royal Berkshire Hotel, Ascot
- Sir Christopher Wren Hotel, Windsor
- Stoke Park Country Club and Resort, Stoke Poges
- Stoke Place, Stoke Poges
- St Anne’s Manor, Bracknell
- Wasing Park, Aldermaston